A 4-Day Livestream seminar taught by George N. Ike
The summary of the workshopThe workshop is particularly recommended for researchers in the field of social sciences and business. It gives a step-by-step guide on how to conduct panel data-oriented research analysis using STATA. A research oriented academic career in the social sciences necessitates the need to understand the various statistical concepts employed in the field. STATA is a multi-purpose statistical software developed by StataCorp. It has a wide range of applications ranging from the manipulation of data, data visualization, statistical analysis, and automated reporting. Because of its broad applicability, it is used by researchers across various disciplines such as Economics, finance, business, marketing, sociology, political science and a host of many others. As a result, a working knowledge of the various statistical procedures employed in STATA would be an invaluable asset for researchers who want to carve a niche within their field of applied research. In the present workshop, procedures which are commonly applied to panel data will be elaborated on. The workshop shall begin with various ways of importing data into STATA, data manipulation, descriptive statistics and correlation matrix for panel data. For panel data analysis, cross-sectional dependence tests, first generation panel unit root tests, second generation panel unit root tests which control for cross-sectional dependence in the series, traditional panel cointegration tests, second generation panel cointegration tests that allow for cross-sectional dependence in the series as well as numerous panel estimation and panel Granger causality procedures shall also be elaborated on.
- First Module: Panel Data Basics
- Importing panel data into STATA
- Handling missing data
- Data transformation
- Descriptive statistics and correlation matrix
- Panel data plots
- Panel data scatter plots
- Second Module: Panel data time series pre-estimation procedures
- First generation panel unit root tests
- Second generation panel unit root tests which allows for cross-sectional dependence in the series
- Second generation panel unit root tests which allows for cross-sectional dependence and multiple structural breaks in the series
- Cross-sectional dependence tests
- First generation panel cointegration tests
- Second generation panel cointegration tests which control for cross-sectional dependence
- Third Module: Panel data time series estimation procedures
- First generation panel estimation procedures
- Second generation panel estimation procedures
- Generalized method of moment estimators
- Panel corrected standard errors
- Driscoll and Kraay standard errors
- Panel vector auto-regressions
- Fourth Module: Causality with panel data
- Bivariate Granger causality tests
- Bivariate Granger causality test which controls for cross-sectional dependence
- Multi-variate Granger causality tests
Who should attend this workshopThis workshop will be helpful to: ● Academicians who want to enhance their research skills. ● Research Scholars and Students in honing their quantitative skills. * ● Anyone who wants to refresh their knowledge and statistical experience.
* Due to the conflict of interest and as per the trainer’s request, master’s and Ph.D. students of Girne American University- Faculty of Business and Economics- are not allowed to attend this workshop. Some exceptions may be given, however, those who get exceptions to attend the workshop will not be charged the fees of the workshop.
Total Slots20 participants (Maximum)
Registration methodRegistration is on a first come first served basis
Early Bird Discount AvailabilityYes, get a 5% discount by using this coupon upon checkout: YJA6NRUY. Please note that this coupon is valid only for the first five purchased slots.
- Stata (V.17) will be used for empirical examples and exercises in this course.
- If you are not familiar with Stata, we recommend you watch the “What’s it like–Getting started in Stata” video here.
- This course will be held via the free video-conferencing software Zoom.
What you will receive after the Completion of this workshop
- Certificate of Completion verified by Luminous Insights Academy
- Course materials